Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Electoral college and election 2000

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted, busy with other stuff I guess.

Someone asked me to explain the electoral college today and, although I do feel like I understand it, I found that I was unable to explain it. So, I went searching on the web and found a very good explanation of it.

That also got me thinking back to the 2000 election and that dreaded Florida debacle. I've heard a lot of people say and read in a lot of places that an independant recount of Florida, obviously undertaken after the fact, found that a recount of the entire state would have found that Gore was, in fact, the winner of Florida and therefore the winner of the election. Yikes!

Here's the best explanation of the data that I found.

Will it happen again this time? Not if Kerry wins by large margins so, get out the vote!! We must win this one.

No comments: